Careers / Accounting Manager
Are you an experienced Accountant looking for something different? Do you value challenging work, flexibility, and work/life balance? Countsy may be just the place for you!
Our Sacramento Office is located off of I-5 and Garden Highway, right outside of Downtown Sacramento in an easily accessible location from many nearby cities. The Sacramento office is home to 55 Accounting and HR Professionals responsible for handling the full-cycle Accounting/HR back-office services for multiple venture-backed Start-Up companies.
In this role, the ideal candidate will be part of a group of Accounting Professionals working on 4-7 clients at a time. The collaborative, yet independent environment creates a challenging and rewarding position with client diversity allowing technical and industry growth and exposure to a variety of new concepts and processes.
Payroll and Benefit Tracking:
- Process employee payroll on a semi-monthly or monthly basis as required by client
- Maintain client Census information
- Prepare and distribute annual earnings documentation
- Perform Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions for multiple business entities
- Work independently to complete monthly and quarterly closes, including journal entries, monthly accruals and account reconciliations
- Analyze balance sheet and income statement fluctuations
Audit Preparation and Compliance:
- Prepare and/or assist with Audit PBC requests
- Prepare City and State compliance reporting
Reporting and Research:
- Prepare and/or assist with monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial statements and reports
- Thoroughly research or pursue any accounting issues on client’s behalf
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis using Excel and our ERP software, NetSuite.
- Effectively navigate and utilize the latest cloud-based technology and software programs including Dropbox, NetSuite, Bill.com, Expensify, Quickbase, and EchoSign to seamlessly provide excellent client service.
- Manage a high volume of e-mails in multiple client folders within Microsoft Outlook to prioritize and complete daily client tasks.
- Work independently on clients and solicit client input. Communicate regularly and professionally with Countsy Start-Up CFO’s on each client account assigned.
- At least 5+ years of Accounting experience
- Multi- company/entity experience is strongly preferred. Candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to multi-task and work on a variety of different client accounts simultaneously.
- An Associate’s Degree is required. A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field is preferred
- Solid GAAP Accounting experience is required
- CPA Certification is strongly preferred (not required)
- Strong computer skills, including advanced-level proficiency with: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, MS Outlook and QuickBooks. Experience with NetSuite highly desired.
- Clear, professional, and effective written and verbal communication skills
ABOUT THIS POSITION
- This position is based out of our Sacramento office.
- Candidates must be able to work on-site in the Sacramento office 5 days per week.
- This is not a contract or remote opportunity.
- This is a full-time/direct-hire position with benefits.
- We offer flexibility and foster a culture in favor of work/life balance.
- Compensation is competitive and is based on experience, certifications and education.